What is the greatest GPS for Europe Journey? Perhaps you’re happening an epic street journey and need to ensure you are utterly coated in all of the nations you’re visiting. Or perhaps you simply need a new GPS navigation system for everyday use in your hometown! Regardless, we all need to get from A to B as safely, shortly and simply as attainable.
Subsequently, I’ve been testing the greatest GPS monitoring system options for Europe you can purchase on Amazon. For my part, these are the very best on the market proper now.
- 1 What is the greatest GPS for Europe Journey?
- 2 The perfect of the rest
- 2.1 Prime GPS Units for Europe
- 2.2 General Best GPS
- 2.3 Best Finances Sat Nav
- 2.4 Best for Day by day Commuters
- 2.5 Best for world travellers
- 2.6 Best for Camper Vans
- 2.7 Why you need to love the TomTom GO Premium
- 2.8 Star Score
- 2.9 Execs
- 2.10 Cons
- 2.11 Map and Path Features
- 2.12 Display
- 2.13 Driver Alerts
- 2.14 Further Options
- 2.15 Why you need to love the TomTom GO 520
- 2.16 Star score
- 2.17 Execs
- 2.18 Cons
- 2.19 Map and course features
- 2.20 Show
- 2.21 Driver Alerts
- 2.22 Further options
- 2.23 Why you must love the Garmin Drive 52
- 2.24 Star score
- 2.25 Execs
- 2.26 Cons
- 2.27 Maps and GPS instructions options
- 2.28 Show
- 2.29 Driver alerts
- 2.30 Further options
- 2.31 Why you need to love the TomTom GO 620
- 2.32 Star score
- 2.33 Execs
- 2.34 Cons
- 2.35 Maps and course options
- 2.36 Show
- 2.37 Driver alerts
- 2.38 Further options
- 2.39 Why you must love the Garmin Camper 770LMT
- 2.40 Star score
- 2.41 Execs
- 2.42 Cons
- 2.43 Maps and course options
- 2.44 Display
- 2.45 Driver alerts
- 2.46 Further options
- 3 Things to think about when buying a GPS for Europe
- 4 What is your favorite GPS for Europe?
What is the greatest GPS for Europe Journey?
Arms down, I consider the greatest GPS for automotive journey in Europe presently is the:
TomTom GO Premium
Out of all the TomTom units on this listing, the TomTom GO Premium is my favourite TomTom GPS for Europe. Do not underestimate TomTom. They’ve maps overlaying 165 nations with greater than 555 million km of navigable roads.
*Full disclosure: This publish is sponsored by TomTom. Opinions utterly stay my very own = trustworthy and straight to the level*
The perfect of the rest
Brief on time and simply need to know the greatest GPS map choices? The highest GPS brands for Europe are TomTom, Garmin and Magellan GPS. Listed here are my prime 5.
Prime GPS Units for Europe
General Best GPS
TomTom GO Premium / €€€ / 5 out of 5 stars
TomTom GO 520 / €€ / 4.5 out of 5 stars
Best for Day by day Commuters
Garmin Drive 52 / € / four out of 5 stars
Best for world travellers
TomTom GO 620 / €€ / four.5 out of 5 stars
Best for Camper Vans
Garmin Camper 770LMT / €€€ / 4.5 out of 5 stars
The TomTom GO Premium is the greatest general GPS.
Why you need to love the TomTom GO Premium
You want it, the TomTom GO Premium has acquired it! You can say that this is the ultimate Sat Nav which fits method past navigation because the TomTom GO Premium is just as useful earlier than and after your journey.
- Last mile navigation / Find My Automotive functionality
- IFTTT (If This Then That) instructions
- Wonderful Trip Statistics
- Can share your location and ETA with friends and family
- Pre-installed offline maps anyplace in the world
- Awesome route planning capabilities
- Not an affordable GPS choice on this listing (but for my part, nicely value the GPS price ticket)
Map and Path Features
TomTom GO Premium’s route capabilities are ace. You’ll be able to add ‘highlights’ to your route whilst you’re on your method, simply stitch 2 routes collectively should you stop for gasoline or sightseeing and you may add footage, tags and descriptons to your journeys on the MyDrive GSP app.
Maps on this gadget are worldwide and update by way of WiFi: no pc needed!
You’ll be able to easily pre-plan your journey and next adventure with TomTom Street Trips. Now that’s fun! For instance, you’ll find and guide the greatest locations to eat and stick with Tripadvisor critiques. Be impressed by discovering points of interest and scenic routes along the method.
You should purchase the TomTom GO Premium with a 5 inch or 6 inch display, depending on what you favor. The larger display does include a costlier price tag although! The display is crystal clear and really straightforward to know.
You’ll receive lifetime visitors and velocity cam warnings by way of SIM card together with your TomTom GO Premium. Visitors info is highly accurate.
TomTom has 113+ million points of interests on its database and 330+ million tackle points. They permit free textual content search, parking info and far more!
The extra options on the TomTom GO Premium are ace; which is why this GPS in Europe and past is at the prime of my record.
Final Mile Navigation / Find My Automotive
TomTom GO Premium’s Last Mile Navigation signifies that if you need to park your automotive a distance away from your destination, TomTom will still guide you as a pedestrian to your last point by way of the MyDrive Apple and Android app for GPS. And on your approach again, you should use Discover My Automotive!
This function specific excites me. In the event you’re conversant in IFTTT, you then’ll know you could make one thing happen, if another thing happens first. With the TomTom GO Premium, you might be really artistic.
Want your heating and lights to activate if you’re almost residence? You possibly can inform your TomTom gadget, ‘If I am 15km from home, then turn on the central heating’.
Have an occasion on Facebook that you simply’re going to attend and drive to next week? Inform the TomTom GO Premium, ‘If I create an event with location in my calendar, then add place to My Favourites’. Cool huh?
If you wish to geek out on trip statistics too, you possibly can easily do this. The TomTom Go Premium will inform you the distance you’ve travelled, for how long and what your average/max velocity was per journey, day, week, month, yr or all time!
You possibly can even learn how long you spent in visitors if you wish to (but chances are you’ll need to avoid that).
The TomTom GO 520 is the greatest price range Sat Nav.
Why you need to love the TomTom GO 520
It is wonderful worth for money from the top-notch producers TomTom. It consists of lifetime maps that are included on the Sat Nav. They can be downloaded at no additional value.
- Price range friendly Sat Nav
- Inclusive of fantastic world broad maps
- Straightforward to use
- The battery life isn’t implausible
- You need to hook up with a smartphone for reside visitors alerts
Map and course features
The pre-installed map region will rely upon where you buy your TomTom from. In case you are in the UK, it can include the UK/Europe maps put in. Other regional maps are downloadable at no additional value. To get reside visitors alerts with TomTom Visitors you could hook up with your cell phone by way of Bluetooth. The maps and navigation are clear. There’s also a vacation spot prediction function based mostly in your navigation historical past!
The display is fairly brilliant and clear, even in sunnier circumstances, with the principal menu options discovered on the right hand aspect of the display. This means you don’t should scroll by means of countless menus to seek out the relevant features. Zooming out and in of maps is fairly seamless too!
Your TomTom GO 520 will provide you with a warning to hurry cameras and remind you of the velocity restrict of the area you’re in.
You’ll have Voice Control and Voice Assistant, which allow you to give instructions to your TomTom through the use of your voice to be able to focus on your driving. You’ll also have the ability to make palms free calls by connecting your smartphone by way of Bluetooth.
The Garmin Drive 52 is greatest for day by day commuters.
Why you must love the Garmin Drive 52
Aside from being straightforward to use, this Garmin GPS navigation gadget is full of extra info, like countless factors of curiosity by way of Foursquare and Tripadvisor.
- Easy and easy to make use of Garmin navigation
- Incorporates many points of curiosity
- Having to purchase additional maps can turn into pricey
Maps and GPS instructions options
You’ll receive preloaded maps on the Sat Nav based mostly on the place you buy your system. Different maps are available at an extra value. You additionally get alternate route strategies which are very helpful when upcoming visitors congestion is detected.
The navigator also comes with preloaded Foursquare knowledge, making it simpler to seek out points of curiosity akin to eating places and petrol stations. The spoken directions are clear and straightforward to comply with and will use straightforward to spot landmarks and buildings when directing you, as an alternative of simply relying on probably straightforward to miss road names. This is very useful whenever you’re driving around an unfamiliar metropolis!
It’s easy and really consumer pleasant. The maps are vibrant and straightforward to see.
This gadget is filled with all the driver alerts you want, from zebra crossings to high school zones, velocity cameras to railroad crossings and sharp curves forward. Should you occur to go down a a method road the mistaken method by accident, the Garmin Drive 52 may have your again!
It consists of Garmin Visitors for free lifetime visitors alerts. In the event you do happen to buy this in the USA earlier than using it in Europe, it also has the US Nationwide Park listing and websites from the Historical past Network; alerting you to museums, historic landmarks and extra.
The TomTom GO 620 is the greatest for world travellers.
Why you need to love the TomTom GO 620
It has inbuilt WiFi, which makes it a breeze to update maps. That’s good for globetrotters. The gadget is additionally super fast!
- Super quick processor
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi for handy updates
- Wonderful access to maps
- Battery life is not so good
- Visitors updates are acquired by connecting to your smartphone (this won’t be for you)
Maps and course options
The TomTom GO 620 comes preloaded with maps of the zone you purchase the gadget in. All other map zones are free to obtain. The TomTom GO 620 has tremendous fast destination prediction and voice activated navigation. Good!
It’s straightforward to use and has a nicely designed interface. The display measurement is good too!
You possibly can easily get Reside Visitors alerts (by connecting by way of Bluetooth to your smartphone) and velocity restrict and velocity digital camera alerts too.
It’s suitable with Siri and Google Now. You also get Palms free calling by connecting your mobile phone to the Sat Nav. This also permits the TomTom to learn out your textual content messages as a way to hold your give attention to the street!
The Garmin RV 770LMT is the greatest Sat Nav for campers, caravans and motorhomes.
Why you must love the Garmin Camper 770LMT
It lets you search for particular amenities for campgrounds and is set up with camper friendly GPS location factors and areas of curiosity, like restore and repair places.
- Wonderful for camper van trip planning as it incorporates particular routes and points of curiosity for your car
- Free Lifetime Map Updates for the UK, Ireland and Full Europe
- Fairly expensive, especially if you want to purchase maps outdoors of Europe
Maps and course options
The Garmin Camper 770LMT is preloaded with maps of the zone you buy your gadget in. When you’re in Europe, it’ll include European maps. Different maps could be bought.
It will provide you with custom-made motorhome routing, making an allowance for bridge heights. The gadget uses Garmin Real Directions, which uses straightforward to identify landmarks and buildings for straightforward to comply with driving directions.
The 7 inch display is clear and straightforward to make use of and has clean graphics, with the bonus of white back lights which assist forestall glare.
These embrace motor house specific ones comparable to high winds, tight curves and bridge heights.
You’ll get voice activated navigation, actual time visitors and climate alerts. Good!
Things to think about when buying a GPS for Europe
I hope you have got a better concept now of what the greatest GPS gadget is for you whilst you’re driving in Europe. When purchasing for the good one for you, just remember to hold this stuff in thoughts.
- Can you propose your route forward of time?
- Is it solely a European GPS system or can it cover worldwide destinations?
- Is the casing sturdy?
- How shortly do the maps update? Are updates free?
- Is the gadget straightforward to make use of, read and understand?
- Are there further alerts similar to visitors / velocity / purple lights / faculty zones?
- Is it an simply moveable GPS?
- Can you simply discover and be informed about factors of curiosity along the means?
- Is the quantity ok to hear in all circumstances? Is it too loud or too low?
Need slightly more assistance on whether you must spend money on a GPS system while you’re travelling around Europe? These questions and answers should assist.
What is a GPS?
GPS stands for International Positioning System. It’s a satellite-based navigation system that permits you, as a driver, to know exactly the place you’re on the ground. This will help you to get to the destination you require, and know exactly the place you’re alongside your route.
What is the greatest TomTom GPS to purchase?
It needs to be the TomTom GO Premium.
How much does a GPS value?
It naturally will depend on what you purchase! GPS methods can value from as little as £30 / €35 but these could have the absolute minimal options and never be each reliable!
Is it value shopping for a GPS?
Completely! This is why:
- Know the place you’re and the way lengthy it is going to take to get to your destination
- Comply with velocity limits and minimise your probability of getting a rushing ticket
- Have the ability to visit superb points of interest, refuel simply, pop to the supermarket and discover the greatest eating places
- Avoid visitors congestion
- Inform family and friends of your whereabouts for peace of mind
- Plan journeys ahead of your departure to save lots of time
Why do you have to travel with a GPS (and never a smartphone)?
You could be tempted to only use your smartphone in lieu with the Google Maps Europe has to get around, however this is why you need to travel with a GPS:
- Avoid smartphone roaming expenses
- By no means be bothered by smartphone navigation interruptions – which may take up your display and conceal your route
- By no means danger having dangerous sign in remote areas and dropping your approach – GPS navigation offline is dependable
- Don’t get caught out when you haven’t downloaded maps offline
What is your favorite GPS for Europe?
Do you’ve gotten a favorite GPS system for automotive or camper van travel in Europe? Have these GPS evaluations helped you decide? What European Sat Nav is at the prime of your record?
Help your self and others prepare by asking questions and sharing your information!
The 22 Best Locations To Visit in Eire in 1 Week
The Final Isle of Wight Street Trip
Driving from the UK to Mongolia and Back!